These are the steps in the application process:
- The Client or his/her family contact the Local Health Integration Network (TC LHIN). If in the hospital, the hospital social worker or discharge planner may help with this process.
- The TC LHIN placement coordinator assesses client needs to determine service requirements.
- LHIN determines client eligibility for long-term care (LTC) placement and completes the application with the Client and or family.
- Applications are then forwarded to five homes of client’s choice.
- Once the application is received by the long-term care Home (LTCH), the application is reviewed to ensure client care needs can be met in that specific long-term care home.
- The LTCH must notify LHIN and the client within five business days of the decision to approve or not approve the application. If approved, the facility will also designate which unit would be appropriate for admission.
- The client is then placed on the homes’ wait list according to priority rating.
- The home notifies LHIN whenever there is a bed vacancy.
- After discussion with the LTCH and LHIN the bed is offered by the LHIN Coordinator to the next applicant on the waitlist, appropriate to the person’s needs, requested accommodation and unit designation.
- Admission is scheduled.
For additional information or inquiries on the process please contact:
Toronto Central Local Health Integration network (LHIN)
250 Dundas Street West, 3rd Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5T 2Z5
Phone – 416-506-9888
Toll free: 1-866-243-0061
For message relay service, call 711