A welcoming, safe and comfortable environment
- Excellent cuisine, cooked on-site
- Always two menu choices at meals
- Catering for special diets
- Snacks available between meals and at bedtime
- Family and guests are welcome to come for meals (by making a reservation).
- Room can be booked for special family events, e.g., birthdays
- Rooms are pre-wired for telephone and cable television
- Each resident has an emergency call bell by the bed and in the bathroom.
- Residents have access to computers for e-mail and Skype calls.
- A large elegant main dining room offers panoramic city and lake views.
- The roof top garden and solarium is a lovely three-season retreat.
- Lounge areas on every floor provide residents a next-door option where they can spend some time outside their rooms. Each lounge has comfortable seating and a television.
- Three large multi-purpose rooms are busy with events and activities for residents.
- Complete laundry and housekeeping services
- Hairdressing salon
- On-site library and visiting Toronto Public Library service
- Nail Care
- Foot Care
- Speciality services are available at a reasonable price, e.g. chiropody, dental care, audiology, etc.
- A variety of activity programs are offered.
- Specially-trained dogs are brought by volunteers to visit residents.
- Family pets may be brought in to visit (please discuss with staff when planning to do so).
- A friendly cat is one of our long-term residents.
- Nisbet Lodge is connected to Calvary Church for easy access to church services.
- A variety of spiritual programs are offered specifically for residents.
- Pastoral care is provided by our Chaplain, volunteers and visiting clergy.