Volunteer Opportunities at Nisbet Lodge
Volunteering is a great way to make a difference in the life of a senior, learn new skills or practice old ones. Whether you have a little time or a lot, volunteers allow us to do so much
more than we could do otherwise.
If you are a high school student looking to complete the required 40 hours, a Co-op student searching for a placement, or a community member wanting to give back we would love for you to be part of our team.
The following are some areas where volunteers can help out:
- Friendly Visits for English and Greek-speaking residents
- Meal Mates – assisting residents to eat at mealtime (training will be provided)
- Community Buddies – assisting the Activation staff, taking residents on bus trips
- Tour Guides – providing the public with a tour of Nisbet Lodge
- Special Events – help run birthday parties, seasonal socials
- Spiritual Programs – hymn sing, Bible study, Holy Communion
- Student Placements – both high school, college, and university students
Before starting to volunteer there are a few mandatory requirements.
- Fill out a volunteer application form
- Get a vulnerable sector police check
- Complete an online module style orientation
- Provide immunization record
For more information on volunteering please contact:
Meredith Thompson Director of Program and Volunteers Services at
416 469 1105 ext. 1144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org